|Job Title: Ad Hoc Heli Pilot|
Reference: NI 0000582
Salary: £375 per day
Closing Date: 24/09/2013 16:00:00
- 1500 hours total time, including 1000 hours PIC helicopters of which 500 hours must be PIC overland in VMC low level operations
- Minimum 500 hours twin turbine or 1000 hours single turbine helicopter
- 100 hours night flying, including 50 hours PIC
- JAR CPL(H) including EC135, BK117C1 or C2 type rating
- Current class 1 medical
- Minimum 25hours PIC in Single Pilot helicopters of similar weight in last 12 months
- Previous Police Line Check and current OPC or equivalent
- Experience of using Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook for the purpose of producing reports, recording Flight Time Limitations (FTLs) and email.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Line Pilot Duties
- Line flying in police roles as and when they occur
- Pre-flight and turn around inspections, daily inspections of the aircraft and equipment, refuelling and ground handling to ensure that the aircraft is at maximum readiness for operational deployment
- Self-briefing regarding Notams, Meteorology, required security states and out of bounds locations for the area / route of operation
- Pre-flight briefings of crew and passengers
- Normal captaincy requirements as per the single pilot role
- Liaison with other line pilots and Chief Pilot in the briefing of non pilot staff in the ASU
- Liaison with Police Observers during flights to ensure safe flights and that they can complete their jobs/tasks successfully
- Liaison with Air Traffic Control
- Administrative functions as detailed by the Chief Pilot such as recording Flight Time Limitations and producing reports
- Such other duties as may reasonably be required by the Chief Pilot
The above reflects the main elements associated with this position it is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
£375 per day plus expenses if applicable.
Please note - to apply, you need to have been resident in UK/ROI for the last 3 consecutive years.
via The Support Team, PSNI.