Operates company and customer owned aircraft in any or all of factory flight training; marketing demonstration; repositioning; delivery; chase; photo; maintenance, production, engineering, and experimental flight test, and other flight operations. In addition support other departmental and company requirements related to flight operations; such as flight planning, aircraft maintenance scheduling, courseware development, and others.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Conduct flight operations in support of the department’s internal (marketing, maintenance, production, engineering, and customer training departments) and external (those who operate MDHI aircraft) customers. This includes all related pre-flight and post-flight activities.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of MDHI aircraft and systems in order to function as a subject matter expert in the field.
- Maintain a current knowledge of flight operations procedures, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Coordinate with maintenance personnel in support of identifying, correcting, and verifying the correction of aircraft discrepancies.
- Respond to customer inquires for assistance and information.
- Support the development of Customer Training department curriculum and courseware.
- Support Engineering in the development of aircraft and systems through the application of flight operations experience and expertise.
- Support other departmental personnel in the conduct of their activities in order to accomplish overall department and company objectives.
- Support departmental policies and procedures.
- Other assignments in support of department goals and requirements as assigned by the Chief Pilot or Lead Pilot.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Prior flight instructor experience in turbine engine helicopters, to include teaching engine-at-idle/engine-out touchdown emergency procedures (autorotations, etc.). Instructor experience includes flying from other than the PIC seat – 750 hours minimum.
- 4000 hours PIC flight time; 2500 hours helicopter flight time; 1000 hours turbine helicopter flight time is required (MD 500 series is preferred) (1000 hours of turbine helicopter flight time is preferred in the MD 500 series is preferred).
- Ability to take and follow direction with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate orally or in written form with both co-management and internal/external customers and regulatory representatives is required.
- Fluent in the English and Spanish Language is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Up to twenty-five (25%) travel required with significant customer interface.
- Possess, or be eligible for, a U.S. passport.
- The ability to understand and follow instructions and the ability to concentrate is required
- The ability to get along with others or to be part of a team.
- Regular attendance at the worksite.
- Access to Export Control information is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university and 6 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contracts, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- FAA commercial pilot license with helicopter and instrument ratings is required.
- FAA CFI helicopter is required; ATP or CFII helicopter is preferred.
- Current FAA Class II Medical Certificate is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work performed in an office and factory settings.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
TO APPLY please go to this url:
MD Helicopters, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/Vvia Helicopter Pilot Jobs | Just Helicopters.