|Company:||Air Methods Corporation|
|Fax Number:||(303) 792-7440|
|Address:||7301 South Peoria|
|Company Info:||Air Methods Corporation is the nation’s largest provider of air medical emergency transport services and systems. The company is dedicated exclusively to air medical transport, focusing on the quality of care to patients, and safety in aviation operations.|
With 29 years of experience, the company transports more than 98,000 patients annually who require intensive medical care from either the scene of an accident or general care hospitals to highly skilled trauma centers or tertiary care centers. Air Methods operates a fleet of 300 helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft at 249 bases in 42 states, and is headquartered in Englewood, Colo.
|Supported Manufacturers:||Bell Helicopters, American Eurocopter, Beechcraft, Pilatus|
|More Jobs:||View all jobs for this company.|
|Job Title:||Pilot Rotor Wing|
|Location:||Martinsburg West Virginia USA|
It’s night. The phone rings. There has been a multi-car accident on the local highway. There are known ejections and multiple traumas, so EMS requests an automatic stand-by. You’ve done your risk assessment based on the mission facts. Conditions look good, all systems go. The adrenaline is rushing. You take off, headed to the scene. The work will challenge your aeronautical flying skills and decision-making, but it’s a rewarding, satisfying career that can have a profound effect on patients and their families. Air Methods believes its training program is superior to other EMS operators and includes extensive classroom, field and aircraft instruction with ongoing computer based learning.
VFR EMS Operations
• Commercial & Instrument license (for category and class of aircraft)
• ATP rating in category meets this requirement.
• First OR Second Class Medical certificate required.
• Pilots must have flown in category within the previous 12 months
Flight Hours (Flight time must be verified through reliable documentation)
Visual Flight Rules (VFR) Program:
• 2000 total flight hours with minimum of 1500 flight hours in category
• 1000 hours PIC in category
• 500 hours of rotor wing turbine time
• 200 hours of cross-country flight time, at least 50 hours of which were at night
• 100 hours unaided night as PIC
• 50 hours total actual or hood instrument time in flight and in category (simulator time does not count)
Instrument Flight rules (IFR) Program:
• 2500 total flight hours with a minimum of 2000 hours in category
• 1000 hours PIC in category
• 500 hours of cross-country flight time, 100 hours of night flight time
• 75 hours of actual or simulated instrument time in category and at least 50 hours which were in flight in an aircraft including 20 hours in actual instrument conditions in category
For Fixed Wing Programs (in addition to IFR requirements):
• 100 hours of flight in actual instrument conditions in category and 300 hours of turbo prop experience
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
|Job Ident #:|
|Benefits:||You can view a complete list of jobs on our web site|
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.via Pilot-Rotary Wing job at Air Methods Corporation - Pilot Rotor Wing.