Job Number: 71003724
Highly-motivated; like challenge; collaborative; committed to delivering high quality work Did we describe you? Read on
Southern California Edison is one of the nations largest investor-owned electric utilities. We are an industry leader that is designing new and innovative ways to meet our customers needs. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy the challenge of working on key industry changing projects. We need your good ideas and your contributions to remain a leader in this industry.
Aircraft Operations Overview
The Aircraft Operations department plays a vital role in the construction and maintenance of Southern California Edisons (SCE) transmission, distribution, and hydroelectric infrastructure. The department operates a fleet of single- and twin-engine aircraft to conduct circuit patrols, external load operations, crew support, surveys, employee transportation, and many other critical services that help power SCEs business objectives.
The Utility Helicopter Pilot reports directly to the Chief Pilot. The successful candidate will provide aerial support in Company aircraft to all business units, which includes passenger transport, line patrols, external loads, and photo flights.
Typical Responsibilities may include:
* Research flight details for assigned missions (including weather conditions from point of departure, along the route, and point of arrival, and any restricted flight areas), review scored risk mitigation assessment, including performance planning, and perform pre-flight inspection of Company aircraft.
* Conduct assigned routine missions in Company aircraft, including line patrols, passenger transport, photo flights, positioning flights, external loads, and other missions as required, complying with all applicable federal and state aviation regulations and Company policies and procedures.
* Complete all flight-related documentation accurately and timely, including flight sheets, duty records, incident reports, daily helicopter flight report, and any other required records.
* Conduct comprehensive safety briefings for all flight and ground personnel as required, prior to start of mission.
* Plan and conduct missions in accordance with department and Company requirements, policies, and procedures.
* Maintain currency on all mandatory training required to meet flight proficiency, compliance with Company-required training, and participation in safety-related activities.
* Assist management with flight-related projects and other duties as required, including timekeeping and expense reports.
* Demonstrates company values through decisions and actions.
* Creates and maintains a safety conscious work environment by leading and influencing others to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelor Degree in applicable profession, business, or technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Must have minimum of 3000 total flight hours as a helicopter Pilot in Command.
* Must have minimum of 250 flight hours as a helicopter Pilot in Command in elevations above 5,000 feet.
* Must have a minimum of 300 flight hours of helicopter external load experience.
* Must have utility related flight experience.
* Must have current Class II FAA Medical certificate.
* Must have a valid RW commercial license with instrument rating or a valid RWATP.
* Must have experience as a Pilot in Command in one or more of the following helicopters: AS350, MD 500, EC 135, and/or Bell 205.
* Must have a valid Drivers License.
* Demonstrated experience with frequent decision making that has major impact on lives, including significant operational and financial impact.
* Demonstrated experience providing support to customer base.
* Demonstrated experience researching flight details for assigned missions (including weather conditions from point of departure, along the route, and point of arrival, and any restricted flight areas), review scored risk mitigation assessment, including performance planning, and perform pre-flight inspection of aircraft.
* Demonstrated experience conducting assigned routine missions in aircraft, including line patrols, passenger transport, photo flights, positioning flights, external loads, and other missions while complying with all applicable federal and state aviation regulations.
* Demonstrated experience in all flight-related disciplines as well as the ground support discipline in conjunction with certain flight assignments.
* Demonstrated ability to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
* Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks appropriately, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
* Must demonstrate effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
* Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
* Current Class I FAA Medical certificate within the last year
* Testing will be required as part of the selection process for this position.
* Position will be based in Chino, CA. Relocation assistance may be offered.
* Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of nearly 14 million via 4.9 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
Edison International is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).