|Fax Number:||(702) 736-1415|
|Address:||5596 Haven Street|
|Company Info:||Our company is the largest and most experienced helicopter company in Nevada. Founded in 1985 as Helicopter Services of Nevada, Sundance Helicopters is a FAR part 135, 133, and 137 operator, a Department of Defense (DOD) and Office of Aircraft Services (OAS) carrier as well as a TOPS (Tour Operator Program of Safety) member.|
|Supported Manufacturers:||Eurocopter, Turbomeca|
|More Jobs:||View all jobs for this company.|
| Job Information|
|Job Title:||DIRECTOR SAFETY|
|Location:||Las Vegas Nevada USA|
|Job Desc:||Position reports to the CEO and is responsible for the overall development and implementation of a comprehensive safety program.|
|Requirements:||Essential Job Functions|
- Monitor and report to the CEO on all company activities that may have an impact on safety.
- Establish a reporting system that provides for a timely and free flow of safety-related information.
- Develop and maintain a database of incidence/accident information to monitor and analyze trends.
- Monitor and evaluate the various safety and malfunction reporting systems to ensure appropriate integration and evaluation of data.
- Investigate and report on incidents/accidents and make recommendations to preclude a recurrence.
- Conduct safety evaluations and inspections.
- Solicit and process safety improvement suggestions.
- Develop and maintain safety awareness programs.
- Review and evaluate the adequacy of the emergency response plan.
- Monitor industry safety concerns that may have an impact on operations.
- Ensure compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Standards as issued under OSH Act (OSHA).
- Maintain a close liaison with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB). Tour Operator Program of Safety (TOPS), Helicopters Tour Operator Committee (HTOC) and other industry safety organizations and associations.
- Represent the company when coordinating with the NTSB, OSHA and FAA on the investigation of accidents.
- Monitor actions resulting from the Safety Committee to ensure closure.
- Ensure that the necessary safety elements developed, properly integrated, and coordinated throughout the company. These elements include:
- A safety incident/accident reporting system.
- Accident/incident investigation.
- Safety evaluation and inspection
- Internal Evaluation Program (IEP).
- Operational risk assessment program.
- Open reporting systems.
- Routine monitoring and trend analysis programs.
- Review external evaluation programs
- Safety Committee(s).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years experience in a safety management position in the aviation industry.
- A FAA Commercial Pilots Certificate required.
- Sit at computer for long periods of time.
- Able to travel for work as required.
- Work effectively in the extreme heat and cold if flying.
- Lift 35 pounds regularly.
- Sundance Helicopters, Inc at 5596 Haven Street Las Vegas, NV 89119.
5 days and 8 hour shifts between 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM. Days off are subject to change with work requirements must be flexible with work shift. This position is exempt from overtime.
|Job Ident #:|
|Benefits:||Major Medical (PPO/HMO), Dental, Voluntary vision and supplemental policies, Long /short term disability, 401K w/ matching, Employee Stock Ownership Program, Paid vacation and sick leave, major airline travel privileges.|
via Pilot-Rotary Wing job at Sundance Helicopters - DIRECTOR SAFETY.