CHC Helicopters Australia is looking to appoint a Manager Flight Operations /Chief Pilot based in Perth, Western Australia.
Reporting locally to the Regional Director and globally to the Director of Flight Operations & Standards, you will be responsible for leading a dedicated group of Pilots and Aircrew operating from multiple locations around Australia and East Timor. As the nominated person Flight Operations / Chief Pilot for the Australian AOC, you will deliver a high standard of safety and operational excellence, with a focus on promoting a Just Culture and support a continuous process of improvement. This role is a key interface for the organisation with CASA (Civil Aviation Safety Authority).
Working in collaboration with the Australian Senior Leadership team, the role ensures that all CHC aviation operations fully meet the safety and service delivery standards expected by regulators and internal and external customers. A strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and the ability to operate as part of a team are essential.
CHC Helicopters Australia operates multiple types including S92, EC225, AS332, AW139, EC145, B412 and the S76 in a diverse range of operations including SAR, EMS and Offshore support. Holding the majority of these endorsements will be considered advantageous.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- An Australian ATPL (H) and Class One Medical.
- Command Instrument Rating multi-engine.
- CASA approval (or ability to obtain) to act as Chief Pilot (CASA 82.0 Chief Pilot requirements).
Total time helicopters not less than 4000 flight hours including:
- 2000 hours total command
- 1500 hours command in multi-engine Helicopters
- 250 hours night, and
- 250 hours instrument flight time.
- Proven effective leadership and management skills, ability to mentor and drive a high performing team.
- Strong communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Strong working knowledge and experience of operational, commercial and budget planning processes including key business drivers.
If not in the possession of an Australian ATPL(H), the candidate should be willing to gain this certificate as soon as possible. Consideration will be given to overseas ATPL(H) holders with the required skill and endorsements.
- Previous experience as a Chief Pilot and experience on multiple company types.
- Training and checking approvals on multi-engine IFR Helicopters.
- NVG Endorsement and commensurate experience.
- Knowledge and/or experience in safety and quality systems and risk management.
- Strong people management, Crew Resource Management, Fatigue Risk Management Systems, Safety Management Systems and Flight Operations Quality Assurance Systems.
Remuneration: An attractive remuneration package will be offered commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
CHC Helicopters (Australia) offer:
- Secure employment with the world’s largest civil helicopter operator.
- Professional global organisation with exciting opportunities.
- A wide variety of interesting and challenging work.
- Good working conditions and lifestyle opportunities.
Closing date for all applications: 14th December 2013.
For further enquiries, please email our Australian Recruiter: Anna-lee.Testar@chc.ca
Please apply ONLINE at www.chc.ca to be considered for this position.