Primary job functions are forestry fertilization, fire standby/fighting, application of herbicides, customer tours and forestry recon. Type of aircraft: Bell 212 and Bell 206L-4.
This position is based out of Eugene, Oregon and will provide VFR helicopter services to Weyerhaeuser Land and Timber operations in Oregon and Washington. Some operations require travel away from Eugene with a 6 on 3 off schedule, travel expenses provided. Most operations are conducted locally.
For more than a century, Weyerhaeuser has grown and harvested trees to make innovative products that meet important human needs. We’re serious about safety, focused on performance and proud of what we do. In every corner of our company, you’ll find talented people who care about each other, the communities where we operate, and the planet we all share.
- Commercial pilots license
- Rotorcraft-helicopter rating
- Second class medical certificate
- Minimum of 3,000 hours of flight time PIC Rotorcraft
- Ability to operate under all FAR Part 133/137 requirements with the ability to function well in a team environment in both flying and non-flying jobs
- Applicant must also provide copies of medical and airman certificates
- 4,000 hours of flight time PIC Rotorcraft
- Flight experience in Bell helicopters which Weyerhaeuser operates (Bell 212 and Bell 206L-4)
- Flight experience conducting spraying as well as granular fertilizer application with under slung spreaders
- Experience with longline firefighting in mountainous terrain
- Experience with Satloc guidance systems for aerial application work
- Computer skills, database experience, people management and customer relations will further strengthen the candidate’s position
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to making employment decisions, affecting both applicants and employees, that are fair and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetics, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected under law.
Manages OthersNot Specified
IndustryOther Great Industries
Required TravelNot Specified