|This position will work in the Aviation section of the Police Department flying single-engine turbine helicopters. Working hours can vary and can include days, nights, and weekends. |
To be considered previous candidates for this position must reapply using the online application process.
| Typical Duties:|
- Flying single-engine turbine helicopters.
- Supporting various units in Metro Government.
- Performing the duties of a Tactical Flight Officer including using a variety of navigational aids, monitoring flight instruments, and communicating with air traffic control/police dispatch and requesting units.
- Completing appropriate post-flight paperwork and maintaining duty hour log.
- Operating a Windows XP based PC.
| Minimum Qualifications:|
- 1000 hours helicopter time and 500 or more hours turbine PIC (pilot in command) time
- Recent experience in Bell OH-58/206 and MD-500E (within the past twelve months)
- High School Diploma
- Valid “Class D” Driver’s License
- 1st or 2nd Class FAA Medical Certificate
- Commercial Rotorcraft Helicopter Pilot License or higher rating
- Be available for call/shift work 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- Have no significant enforcement action or accident history with previous employer(s).
- Work duty weight of no more than 210 lbs (due to weight and balance requirements).
*Please properly document the above requirements. Copies of required licenses and/or certifications must be scanned into one (1) document and attached to the online application or mailed to Metro Human Resources Recruitment Ctr., 222 3rd Avenue North, Ste 158, Nashville, TN 37201.
| Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:|
- Part 135 operating experience or police operations experience.
- Ability to solve problems and make sound decisions quickly.
- Knowledge of FLIR 8500, BMS Microwave Downlink, Avalex Moving Map. Techsonic Radio.
via Nashville > Human Resources > Employment Opportunities.