|Fax Number:||(702) 293-5428|
|Address:||1265 Airport Road|
|Company Info:||Papillon Airways is the world‘s oldest and largest sightseeing company flying an estimate 600,000 passengers a year on its daily tours to the Grand Canyon from bases in Las Vegas, Boulder City, and the Grand Canyon Airport. With over forty unique excursions – that feature spectacular sights of the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Monument Valley, Page/Lake Powell, and unforgettable views of the Grand Canyon – we at Papillon are proud to offer our guests an unparalleled perspective of one of the world‘s greatest natural wonders. Papillon Airways was founded in 1965 by Elling Halvorson and operates a fleet of 48 aircraft that include the Bell 206L, EC130 B4 and T2, AS350 B2 and B3e, and the MD900. As members in good standing of the Tour Operators Program of Safety (TOPS), Papillon abides by flight safety rules and regulations that substantially exceed the regulations required by the Federal Aviation Administration. Additionally, the program infuses the safety mindset into the very culture of our company.|
|Supported Manufacturers:||Eurocopter, Bell, MD|
|More Jobs:||View all jobs for this company.|
| Job Information|
|Job Title:||Chief Pilot Nevada Operations|
|Location:||Boulder City Nevada USA|
Papillon is looking for a Full Time Chief Pilot for its Nevada Operations. This Full Time position is available at the Boulder City location in Southern Nevada.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Director of Operations, Chief Pilot & General Manager in formulating and executing policies and procedures, and exercising operational control of company aircraft per FAR 135.77
- Advise the Director of Operations, Chief Pilot & General Manager on the status of flight operations and crewmember training status.
- Conducting interviews for the purpose of hiring flight and ground crew members and initiating action for discharging.
- Directing and coordinating the training of all flight and ground crewmembers, and ensuring crewmember standardization.
- Directing and coordinating operations activities at our Boulder City, Las Vegas and Grand Canyon West bases.
- Preparing and maintaining pilot records, flight schedules, reports, and correspondence pertaining to operations and activities.
- Ensuring prompt reporting, filing, and follow-up action on accident reports and other correspondence pertaining to operation’s activities.
- Maintaining current inventory of aeronautical charts and publications.
- Maintaining current aircraft check lists and flight manuals, working on coordination with maintenance test pilots.
- Overseeing the dissemination of any information to flight crew members pertaining to weather, routes, airports, NOTAMS, company policies or other data that would impact flight operations.
- Submitting required FAA reports pertaining to flight crews.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fly tour flights as a line pilot, providing operational oversight in the field.
- Prepare and process pilot payroll.
- Qualify and function as a company flight instructor, ground instructor and check airman in the EC-130 and AS-350 airframes.
- FAA Commercial Rotorcraft License
- Current FAA Second Class Medical
- Meet all requirements as specified in FAR 119 and 135.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be organized and be able to work independently and as a member of a team with a large and varied workload.
- Must be able to handle a variety of assignments and multiple concurrent tasks.
- Must be willing to relocate to the greater Las Vegas area
- Must be able to work a 5/2 schedule
- Successful completion of an interview, pre-employment drug screening, previous employer record review, FAA background investigation, and any other TSA investigating requirements.
Flight Experience Requirements:
- 4000 hours PIC in helicopters
- 3000 hours Turbine helicopter
- 100 hours flown in past 12 months
- 1000 hours PIC in EC130B4 or AS350 Series, or a combination thereof
- 1000+ Hours PIC in AS350 Series
- 1000+ Hours PIC in EC130B4
- Previous Training Program Development and Oversight Experience
- Previous Chief Pilot Experience
- Eurocopter Flight Experience may be reduced for qualified candidates with previous Part 135 Chief Pilot experience.
Compensation will be based on experience and will be competitive within the industry. We also offer a very competitive benefits package which includes an employer sponsored 401k plan.
|Job Ident #:||JSfirm.com|
via Pilot-Rotary Wing job at Papillon Airways - Chief Pilot Nevada Operations.