Experienced Engineering Test Pilots are a very special breed and it’s professionals of the highest calibre who we’re securing for our Client right now. The Company is a world famous premier OEM and they're planning to bring qualified Contract personnel who will hold responsibility for test operations on their aerospace vehicles into the Team.
As an Engineering Test Pilot you will work to develop test procedures by participating in both sim rigs and on type certification validation tests.
To apply for one of these Contract Positions you'll need to offer at least: (a) 5yrs experience as a Flight Test Pilot, (b) have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline, or the equivalent and (c) have around 2000 total time of which approximately 1000 must be turbine.
If you’re recognising your own skill set above, please read the rest of the Spec in full to make sure the whole Job matches your complete Profile and to confirm it’s what you also want from a Contract Position of 18mths duration, with the possibility of extension – then apply as requested if you’d like to learn more. We’ll talk fully and personally with shortlisted Candidates about this Global Market Leader.
The positions will be based at bases in North America (for confidentiality reasons we’ll advise the name of the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) only to shortlisted Candidates).
If you're interested and match their preferred Profile at least 80-90% we’d love to hear from you. If you're serious about joining their Team as a professional Contractor we’ll support your application as fully as possible.
• Providing your Professional Contractor Services to one of the world’s leading global OEMs
• Liaising and working closely with the Engineering and Project Teams to provide your design and operational Test Pilot input and experience across development Programmes
• Working closely with - and auditing - the technical side of test procedures
• Reviewing manuals, engineering and technical reports and providing input as required
• Test - planning, readiness, safety and certification flights
Who Will Our Client Hire?
This Position requires that you demonstrate the highest levels of integrity in all matters.
Our Clients’ preferred Candidate will also deliver:
• A Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or similar discipline, or equivalent experience
• A USA (FAA) or Transport Canada First Class Medical, or the equivalent (EASA/JAA ideally)
• Practical experience with FAA, Transport Canada and/or EASA/JAA Certification processes and procedures
• Practical experience with FAA, Transport Canada and/or JAA Certification processes and procedures
• Extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of flight test techniques and procedures
• At least 5yrs experimental flight test and certification experience as the Test Pilot In Command
• Around 2000hrs total time, of which approximately 1000hrs should be turbine Pilot flight time
• Strong verbal and written English language communication skills
• The willingness and ability to work irregular hours and work days and be able to travel at short notice
• A Team-spirited personality; our Client prefers to hire someone who works effectively with every type of individual, department and organisation
Please send the following information to Candidates@BettsRecruitment.com
• A copy of your up to date CV/Resume (as a Word.doc or other open format please)
• Our Clients always appreciate a recent appropriate photograph if you are happy to include one
We’ll return our Qualifications Summary Form (QSF) for you to complete.
Please do not send any other documents until we ask for them.
The Betts Team will review, shortlist and recommend Candidates to our Client – based on your CV and any conversation we may have together.
From these recommendations, our Client will then arrange Interviews with their preferred Candidates.
We will make sure you receive feedback about your application as soon as possible.
The Betts Team