|Company:||AAR Airlift Group, Inc.|
|Fax Number:||(321) 837-2600|
|Address:||2301 Commerce Park Drive|
|Company Info:||AAR is a diversified provider of products and support services to the worldwide aviation and aerospace industry. AAR Airlift Group Inc.is a business unit of AAR which support both commercial and government clients. AAR Airlift provides both fixed and rotary-wing flight support, training, aviation maintenance, and aviation refurbishment services. Our commercial aviation operations are operated under AAR Airlift Part 135 certificate, and we conduct aviation maintenance support operations as a Part 145 FAA Repair Station (ST9R677W). AAR offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, a tuition reimbursement program, 401-K program with a company match, retirement contributions, flexible spending accounts, and a solid reputation.|
|Supported Manufacturers:||CASA, MD Helicopters Inc, M7 Aerospace LP, Eurocopter France, Cessna Aircraft Company, Bell Helicopter Textron, Bombardier|
|More Jobs:||View all jobs for this company.|
| Job Information|
|Job Title:||Pilot RW OCONUS Typed S-61|
|Location:||Afganistan International International|
|Job Desc:||Essential Duties and Responsibilities: |
- Plan flight assignments and obtains information regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures and special instructions.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of flight plans, considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weight, cruise control data, airport facilities and navigational aids.
- Ensure proper flight kit is aboard.
- Ensure that required airworthiness inspections have been accomplished and any previous discrepancies have been corrected or properly deferred in accordance with the MEL for that aircraft (as applicable).
- Supervise or accomplish the aircraft preflight inspection and preparation.
- Ensure proper loading, distributing, and security of cargo and passengers.
- Ensure that carry-on baggage is placed in cargo area, if required.
- Determine that aircraft weight and balance is within prescribed limits, prepare Aircraft Flight Maintenance Log, Load Manifest and Discrepancy Record form and ensure that a copy of each Aircraft Flight Maintenance Log, Load Manifest and Discrepancy Record form is delivered to the Site Manager for filing upon the completion of each flight assignment.
- Ensure provisions for passenger comfort and any special emergency equipment such as life vests are aboard (when required).
- Retain final responsibility for the logging of aircraft flight time and the filing and closing of flight plans and preparation of flight and duty time records.
- Operate aircraft at favorable altitudes taking into account turbulence, oxygen requirements and comfort of the passengers during the flight.
- Ensure the preparation of the Aircraft Flight Maintenance Log, Load Manifest and Discrepancy Record form, reporting of mechanical irregularities, discrepancies and proper recording of maintenance by maintenance personnel, when maintenance is performed away from the principle operations base.
- The Pilot in Command is ultimately responsible for passenger safety and assuring ramp security is maintained while passengers are being boarded or disembarked.
- Responsible for assuring that a copy of any report submitted to the FAA under the authority of FAR 135.19 is also submitted to the Director, Operations.
- Assign a crewmember or passenger prior to takeoff to assist any person who may need the assistance of another person during possible emergency evacuation of the aircraft.
- Conduct the briefing of all passengers prior to each take-off pursuant to the procedures stipulated in Section 3 of the General Operations Manual. May delegate this duty to any required and qualified flight crewmember but retains responsibility.
- When a Flight Attendant is required, the Flight Attendant bears both responsibility and authority regarding completion of passenger briefing.
- Maintain adequate rest and proper dress.
- May delegate functions to other personnel, but retains overall responsibility.
- Position requires a U.S. Security Clearance.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- FAA Commercial and Instrument Airman’s Certificates - Rotorcraft Helicopter is required for RW pilots.
- Has completed the applicable curriculums required by the company’s FAA Approved Part 135 Training Program.
- Must be highly knowledgeable of the company General Operations Manual, General Maintenance Manual, FAA Regulations, NTSB Procedures, HMR 175, Operations Specifications, Aircraft Flight Manuals, and all other material pertinent to duties.
- Carries a current medical certificate in accordance with 14 CFR 61.23.
|Requirements:||Skills & Experience:|
- Must be Type rated in the Sikorsky S-61.
- Meets the qualification requirements of 14 CFR 135.245.
- Is current and qualified per CFR 135.293, 135.297, and 135.299.
- Meets recency of experience requirements of 14 CFR 135.247.
- 2,500 total aircraft flight hours and 50 hours in type of aircraft.
- Must report or have no accidents, incidents, or FAA sanctions within last five years.
- Must be current and qualified as a pilot in the last 12 months.
- Must be a US citizen, position requires US Security Clearance
**Application Procedure - Please Read**
- Click the link above in this ad
- Complete entire application process on AAR website
**Please note, No Phone calls or unsolicited resumes will be accepted. Thank you for your cooperation.
|Job Ident #:||S-61 Pilots - JSfirm|
|Benefits:||We offer a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and 401K.|
via Pilot-Rotary Wing job at AAR Airlift Group, Inc. - Pilot RW OCONUS Typed S-61.